Metal Biomechanical Tattoo
- Derived from the Greek "metallon", the metal word is approximated by René Alleau from the root "mé" or "mes", which is the oldest name given to the moon (ALLA, 62-63).
- We can not speak of the symbolism of metal, forgetting the one who is at the origin, and who transforms the ores to make this precious material, the blacksmith.
- They have often been partially excluded from the community, their activity of "infernal" order proving dangerous, but they have sometimes played, on the contrary, a key social role, and their professions have been able to support initiatives organizations ( cabiric mysteries of ancient Greece, Chinese and African brotherhoods).
- This relation to the forge, with its subterranean fire, brings a beneficial aspect which is based on Purification and Transmutation, as well as on the function of Transformer.
- Jacob Boehme said of the pure metal that emerges from the ores: "The spirit emerging from the substance to become visible."
- Metals come from the subterranean world, and so are planetary elements, which themselves are the metals of the sky, and therefore by this link, metals symbolize Cosmic Energies.
- In psychology, this relation to cosmic energies causes Jung to assimilate metal to Libido, and with their underground character, he relates them to sexual desires, and "to sublimate these is to operate a transmutation of vile metal into pure gold".
Metal in our collections
They inspired us !
Thank's to Jean Chevalier
et Alain Gheerbrant
20 $ and Many Symbols
← Article précédent
Article suivant →